Nerd-Rage Modders
Nerd-Rage Modders
Nerd-Rage Modders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nerd-Rage Modders

Nerd-Rage Modders

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
irishstorm
Admin
irishstorm

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Empty
PostSubject: Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel]   Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:34 am

This tutorial assumes you have the cod toolbar already set up in Maya 8.5 and that your model is textured and UV mapped!
Note this is the way i do but it might not be correct!
So after you build your model you will need to do a few things before it will work in game.

You will need to apply colour white because if you leave it the way it is with will come up black in-game and you wont be able to see your texture. to apply the colour you go to Color > Apply Color and click the box.

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Maya_wep_rig_tut1

make sure your setting are the same as mine and then hit apply color.
then hit the number 5 on your keyboard and your model should come up white.

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Maya_wep_rig_tut2

Now to get a rig you go to "Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\model_export\american\weapons" and find a rig that is right for your model. for example i am going to use the thompson rig. for the viewmodel you use "usa_thompson_smg.VMGun" please note that any model with VMGun is the Viewmodel.
So now that you have two models its time to start deleting the thompson mode but you have to be careful not to delete the rig. Go to Window>>Outliner and select every that is not your model if you select J_gun deselect this because that is the bones we are going to need to rig the model. once you have deleted the model more then likely the joints will be hidden so go where i marked in the picture.

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Maya_wep_rig_tut4

now all you have to do is drag the joint into there place like for example put Tag_flash into the muzzle because Tag_flash is where the muzzleflash effects are played.

now this is the tricky part binding the skin, you will need to have Outliner open and open select everything but J_clip and the model's clip like in the picture.

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Maya_wep_rig_tut7

now while they are all selected go to Skin>>Bind Skin>>Smooth Bind and click the box

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Maya_wep_rig_tut6

now click Bind Skin and you every part of your model should be pink except the clip!

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Maya_wep_rig_tut8

now repeat that process for the clip.

select the clip model and the tag, go to Skin>>Bind Skin>>Smooth Bind and click the box, click Bind Skin and it should show pink.!

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Maya_wep_rig_tut9

now go to the Call of Duty:World at War Tab >>Model Export
navigate to your weapon and add it then click Force Export Selected Joints

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Maya_wep_rig_tut10

Now simply select every thing while the model export window is open and click Export Selected En and your done just add the material and .XMODEL_EXPORT file to assetmanger and you have a working weapon for you map/mod.

disclaimer - i did not make this model i got it from garrysmod all credit goes to the creator and i did not make the rig either they are supplied with the mod tools.
Back to top Go down
[HOG]Rampage

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel]   Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 am

I have Maya 2010 and the Cod Export tools and stuff do not do anything lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel]   Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Yea. They only work up till maya 8.5 I thought it was. So you need to make the model, and then export it using maya 7, 8 or 8.5.
Back to top Go down
Hacker22

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel]   Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Bowey wrote:
Yea. They only work up till maya 8.5 I thought it was. So you need to make the model, and then export it using maya 7, 8 or 8.5.

or you can use the COD2 plugins on maya 6.0 or even the COD1 plugins on Max 4/5 xD and just change the version number from 1,2,3,4,5 or whatever to 6
Back to top Go down
http://alpha-x.herobo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel]   Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel] Empty

Back to top Go down

Rigging Weapons for CodWaW [ViewModel]
Page 1 of 1